Re: [linux-audio-user] multichannel streaming

From: Georg Holzmann <georg.holzmann@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 15:50:18 EEST

Hallo!

> You can setup an icecast server to stream different channels and you
> build an embeded player dedicated to play a stream for each channel in
> your web pages.
yes, that's what I thought too ...

I think the bigger problem is the right-management:
There is a database of recordings on the server, and only registered
users (students) are allowed to hear those.
So if a user wants to hear record A, then a stream should be opened
(maybe a new mount point ?) and only this user should be allowed to hear
the stream ...
Is this possible with icecast or with something else ?

(but I think I should write that to the icecast list ... ;)

Many thanks,
LG
Georg