[linux-audio-user] Re: Samson C01U USB Mic Low Noise HowTo

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 17:16:29 EEST

> Good to hear that it works - I've been planning to get one of those for
> a long time but never got around to it. Have you used it in a JACK graph
> with another sound device for output? Does that work well? Have you
> tried the alsa_in and alsa_out tools in the netjack package?

Really neat device it is. You can hold it in your hand like a stage mike
  without noise.

What I did is configure jack to use hw:0 (internal sound card) as the
output device and hw:1 (the Samson) as input device (have a look in the
QJactCtl options). I also set one input channel and two output channels
to avoid confusion. (As philicordia kindly pointed out, the second
channel on the Samson is a slightly less amplified version of the first,
and is there simply because it was easier and cheaper to keep it in).

Lowest latency I could go was 2/512, 2/1024 with real time effects.

Carlo