Re: [linux-audio-user] fake audience

From: fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 16:02:58 EEST

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 09:33:19AM -0300, luis jure wrote:

> el Mon, 22 May 2006 10:23:08 +0200
> Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden> escribió:
>
> > Get a real crowd in a ninjam session? Might be overkill though as I'm
> > sure that Barknecht will say "PD can do it".
>
> i was just about to suggest csound...

or SuperCollider.

To make this from scratch:

- Record a number of claps (you own hands). Cut up the
  recording into separate claps, e.g. create a wave
  file for each of them.

- Write a SC3 synth, Csound instrument, or Pd patch that
  when triggered plays one of these files (random selection),
  with some random delay and random panning. Maybe
  add some random resampling to get even more variation.

- Write whatever is necessary in your favourite tool
  to trigger a number of these in the required tempo.

- Add some reflections (delays) and reverb to create
  the correct room atmosphere.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano e' questo!