[linux-audio-user] Re: [LAM] 3 new tunes!

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 22:12:01 EEST

On Sunday 21 May 2006 20:14, Mathias Lundgren wrote:
> söndagen den 21 maj 2006 19.25 skrev Nigel Henry:
> > On Sunday 21 May 2006 10:10, Mathias Lundgren wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Last 6 months or so, I've managed to put 3 more songs down to a final
> > > mix. These can be found on:
> > >
> > > http://www.helgo.net/gavel/lunar
> > > or
> > > http://mattematik.is-a-geek.com/audio/mathias_eget/Lunar_Shuttle_Disast
> > >er /
> > >
> > > and are titled:
> > >
> > > - Heatwave
> > > - Security Issues
> > > - Steam valve
> > >
> > > Direct links:
> > > http://mattematik.is-a-geek.com/audio/mathias_eget/Lunar_Shuttle_Disast
> > >er /L unar_Shuttle_Disaster-Heatwave.ogg
> > > http://mattematik.is-a-geek.com/audio/mathias_eget/Lunar_Shuttle_Disast
> > >er /L unar_Shuttle_Disaster-Security_Issues.ogg
> > > http://mattematik.is-a-geek.com/audio/mathias_eget/Lunar_Shuttle_Disast
> > >er /L unar_Shuttle_Disaster-Steam_valve.ogg
> > >
> > > Hope you'll like something there.
> > > /Mathias
> >
> > Hi Mathias. Nice tunes. The first one at the start made me think of
> > Midnight Oil, the Australian band from a few years back. The second one
> > (Security Issues) sent shivers down my neck, always a good sign of a good
> > tune. Steam Valve was a lot heavier, and sort of has a David Bowie feel
> > to it on the vocals. Really nice work.
> >
> > What software did you use?
> >
> > I've CC'd this reply to the LAU list for folks that not might be on
> > James's list.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Hi and thanks a lot!
>
> I'm not subscribed to LAU anymore, and I recall some discussion from the
> time I was that there were some ppl thinking postings like these didn't
> belong there, so....

Hi Mathias. I've been on the LAU list for quite some time, and am always
gratefull to see more music posted to it. I mix stuff, trance, etc, on the
decks, but am not very clever when it comes to creating music. Quite a few
folks post their latest creations to the list, and I've never seen any
adverse comments about this. You may get some positive critisism on how the
track may be improved, but apart from that everything is welcome, even if you
have a band and have just recorded live onto Ardour, for instance.

Looking forward to more stuff from you. Nigel.