Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:How can I time-stretch the sound like this (with SND & CLM)

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 08:51:47 EEST

Paul wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
> I wanted to try by myself and I made last night a
> quick hack for extreme time stretching by using FFTs.
> I like the results very much.
> Here are some demos (the links will work only for few
> days):
> Original sound is this:
> http://zeus.integrasoft.ro/~nop/1stretch_paul_in1.ogg
> Stretched (over 60x) is this:
> http://zeus.integrasoft.ro/~nop/1stretch_paul_out1.ogg
>
> Please tell me your opinion about the stretched sound.
>

> The program is not complete (is just a quick hack
> written in about one hour), but if you are interested,
> I can put it somewhere on net (and make it usable and
> improve the quality :) ).
>
> Paul

FYI: This was on the dsp-music mailing list:

Hello!

We are a team of audio DSP people trying to squeeze everything out of
the hardware. Assuming that product announcements are allowed on the
Music DSP mailing list, we'd like to draw the attention of its
subscribers to our new fast yet high-quality real-time timestretching
with transient processing and resampling libraries written 100% in
Assembler with highly optimised FPU, 3DNow! and SSE versions,
auto-selected for any x86 CPU. For more information, demo players /
plugin and licensing, visit our web site - http://www.dspteam.com/

Thanks for your time!
Audio DSP team