Re: [linux-audio-user] quiting fsck

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 16:55:00 EEST

Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> I only use journaled ext3, so I can quickly bring up my system again if
> it crashed. I disabled maximal mount count and timespam, so I won't be
> surprised by fsck at system boot. If my system is working without
> problems I do an fsck run from time to time, if I don't need my computer
> (lunch breaks come in handy) with a "touch /forcefsck;reboot", so I
> don't have filesystem curruptions.

Makes sense, I'll try that for a while.

A question: I touched /forcefsck and at reboot /, /home and / (again)
gets fsck'ed. But this is my /etc/fstab

#
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda4 /mnt/data ext3 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda1 /mnt/unstable ext3 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda3 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

How do I force /mnt/data to get fsck'ed, or am I missing something here?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte