Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-Midi

From: Phillip Mills <phillip.mills1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 14:07:59 EEST

On May 30, 2006, at 4:21 AM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Any USB MIDI device that works out-of-the-box with XP and OS X works
> with Linux, too.

I discovered that it depends on your definition of 'works'. I have a
Tascam US-122 that has worked flawlessly with OSX and XP. Having it
recognized as a device on Linux is easy; getting it to actually be a
selected, functioning interface for both audio and MIDI I/O has been
elusive at best and a total failure with some distributions.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714