Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Awakening the Avenger with percussion

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 22:43:22 EEST

On Saturday 03 June 2006 18:04, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/avenger
>
> Folderol/Terry Blunt/Will J Godfrey's Awakening the Avenger
> in a mix with somewhat busy percussion by yours truly :)
>
> Questions and comments welcome, including sugestions for a more
> descriptive ... description on the Archive page.
>

> Thanks to Will for letting me work with his great material.
>
> Thanks to all involved in the nice tools used (Rosegarden,
> ZynAddSubFX, MusE, Timemachine, Sweep, Patchage, Om and many
> LADSPAs) and all the infrastructure. Special thanks to Dave
> Robillard for Om, making me forget my drum sample collection ...
> Oh, and to Loki for showing me via Smack how to get more out
> of it ;)
>

> Best,
> Thorsten Wilms

Hi Thorsten. It's a while since I listened to folderol, aka Will, aka Foldy
Rolls, aka private Godfrey's original, which I liked a lot. Adding the
percussion to it has really given it some punch. I was expecting some Techno
version from you, but you've done a great job adding the percussion. I pushed
it as much as I could through my DJ sound system, and it really sounds great.

Colaborations really do work.

Nigel.

ps: I have all the music apps, am rubbish at using them, but do enjoy
listening to the music, that folks that are good at it ,have created.