Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Awakening the Avenger with percussion

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 17:50:01 EEST

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 11:15:22 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 09:43:22PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
>
> > > http://www.archive.org/details/avenger
> >
> > Hi Thorsten. It's a while since I listened to folderol, aka Will, aka Foldy
> > Rolls, aka private Godfrey's original, which I liked a lot. Adding the
> > percussion to it has really given it some punch. I was expecting some Techno
> > version from you, but you've done a great job adding the percussion. I pushed
> > it as much as I could through my DJ sound system, and it really sounds great.
>
> Thank you! Techno version ... heh ... never even though of going 4 to the floor
> / all machine-like on this one :)

Ummm, now you're using language I don't even understand :(

> > Colaborations really do work.
>
> Yes, and they're fun.

And gives you another dimension on your own work!

> > ps: I have all the music apps, am rubbish at using them, but do enjoy
> > listening to the music, that folks that are good at it ,have created.
>
> If you knew how my early steps did sound like, more than 10 years ago ;)

My very early attempts were done on multi-track tape recorders in the
1970s, now all lost (ahem) sadly. On my first attempts using keyboard
and sequencers I cheated rather, by learning to play the pieces complete
and using the sequencer just as an editing tool.

... then of course I wanted to add counter melodies etc. and the fun
REALLY started :)

--
Fol ... Wi ... Oh put what you like here!