[linux-audio-user] streaming dvd audio over wlan

From: Brian Dunn <job17and9@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 04:07:17 EEST

Hi fellas.
I need some suggestions as to the best way to play audio from a dvd in
my laptop on my desktop ( which is connected to my serious stereo ).

the goal here is to be able to sit back on my couch and watch a movie on
the laptop, but with my jawesome stereo for sound rather than the
pipsqueak built in speakers.

The network is 802.11b, which i'm thinking won't have the bandwidth to
handle netjack. Should I set up an mp3 or ogg vorbis stream server on
my laptop that i can then tune in on the desktop? if so, how do i handle
syncronizing the sound on the desktop with the image on the laptop?

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of cool ideas you all may have.

Brian