Re: [linux-audio-user] Call for LV2 logo designs

From: peter <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 16:32:33 EEST

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 02:35 +0000, c wrote:
> On Mon Jun 05, 2006 at 09:20:11PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 00:40 +0100, peter wrote:
> > > sorry about the new thread. i just subscribed.
> > >
> > > here's my entry for the logo comp:
> > > http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/logo_variations.png
> > >
> > > sources can be found here
> > > http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/LV2_logo_paugh.tar
> > >

> > > not quite late but far from early.
> > > :)
> > > pete.
> >
> > Damn, nice work.
> >
> > I like the lower right one (but maybe make the '2' yellow as well?)

DR: they are supposed to be different variations of the same logo for
different circumstances, rather than being 4 different candidates.

(mono for display on a white bg, inverted for a black bg,
flat colour for simple colour displays/print and bling version
for the sake of bling. (i forgot to take the drop shadow off of the
bottom right logo, it shouldn't be there.))

as for the colours, as with everything else, i'm happy to make changes
as required. i don't mind if parts of mine are combined with other
entries either.

> part of me thinks the 2 is too small like its hanging off a ledge. and as long as youre going for a ripoff of the VST logo, might as well use the one in the lower left, since its 'modern' in terms of the candy-coating and glare we've come to expect (but lay off the glare a bit)

c: i like the height. it lends the logo a unique identity. it might be
too thin though.

a rip off of the vst logo? is that what they teach you in troll school?
;)
(it isn't a ripoff of the vst logo, period)

cheers,
pete.

--
paugh on irc.freenode.org in #sweep, #lad