Re: [linux-audio-user] Kontakt 2 usable under Linux?

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 18:42:42 EEST

Hector Centeno-Garcia escribe:
> Yes, you are right and sorry for not acknowledging Fluidsynth, but how
> does SF compare with GIG or Kontakt format? I have had always the idea
> that SF is limited but I might be wrong. Can you program switch keys and
> layer crossfades in SF?

The point of Gigasampler was to be able to stream samples from hard
disk, not needing to store all of an instrument sounds into memory at
a time. This allowed setting up programs hundreds of MB each,
something imposible using hardware samplers (let's include here Sound
Blaster cards supporting SF2.)

But I guess that telling SF2 limiting is something like telling Akai
or E-mu sampler presets format limiting, this is, far from being true.

Cordially, Ismael

--
 Ismael Valladolid Torres        OpenPGP key ID: 0xDE721AF4
                                      Jabber ID: ivalladt@email-addr-hidden