Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Any drummers out there?

From: nigel henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 22:35:27 EEST

On Friday 09 June 2006 20:08, plutek wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:00:06 +0200
>
> nigel henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > i'm downloading now, too.... looks like 25.1Mb.
> > >

> > > .pltk.
> >
> > Thanks. In that case I'll copy the 8.4MB partial DL to the other machine,
> > and continue it there.
> >
> > This is what comes from being on dialup. 600+MB of updates just done for
> > FC5. 8 days DL'ing over 3GB of iso's on 5 discs, plus the rescue disc.
> > But it's all great fun isn't it.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> yeah.... i guess it was pretty soon after my first serious linux
> installation that i moved to dsl. but i do miss hearing the data handshake!
>
> .pltk.

Agreed. I have 2 ISP accounts. One is a fixed, unlimited access account. The
other is a pay by the minute job. I know I'm using a web interface on the
Smoothwall firewall to connect, and it tells me which ISP I am dialling, but
it's still nice to hear a phone No that I'm familiar with being dialed on the
modem.

Well the "Dance mat drumming" download has finished now. This will be
interesting, if I can get Mplayer to work.

Nigel.