Re: [linux-audio-user] Interesting Tidbit: The Midas XL8 uses Linux

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 07:15:00 EEST

> Well, it's not really a matter of opinion, I'm just stating what the GPL
> requires. In order for this to change you'd have to relicense the
> kernel.

Not saying it was a matter of opinion, I was stating my opinion on the
matter. Honestly I don't know the GPL good enough to argue it with ya
anyways I don't think, thus I was taking your word on it and stating my
opinion in as far as the current situation and what it does to business.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not against open source, I believe in it
fully, but I don't necessarily blame others for trying to keep things
closed to make a bit of money, to a certain extent, though eventually I
reach a point where it goes to far.

In as far as hardware patents... You are familiar with Behringer I
believe, how many times have they blatantly taken someone else's idea,
and re manufactured it with no R+D and cheaper components? I can
definitely see why some people might be a bit edgy over things like that.

       Seablade