Re: [linux-audio-user] Interesting Tidbit: The Midas XL8 uses Linux

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 19:51:11 EEST

On Saturday 10 June 2006 01:05, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 22:51 -0700, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> > > Yeah it's unfortunate. Maybe the rise of these cheap knockoffs
> > > is what drove a company like Creative, who were one of the first
> > > to open their drivers in the mid 1990s, to their current position
> > > of not releasing any hardware specs or Linux drivers at all.
> >
> > Well truth be told, not much has changed quality wise since then;)
> > Ok I jest some, but I dont really find creative to be all that
> > great anymore myself. Not even a big fan of the EMU line;)
>
> Oh, it sure has changed - it's gone down the shitter. Creative's new
> stuff is garbage compared to the SBLive! which IMHO was a brilliant
> piece of hardware.

Lee, what's your opinion of the CREATIVE AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM? A buddy
and I have been (very slowly) building a replacement for my current
SBlive PlanetCCRMA/RH9 machine. We've got all the hardware done now
and are getting ready to install PlanetCCRMA/FC5 "soon as we can find
the time"... Is this a "good move" audio quality/function wise? TIA
for your thoughts.

Marv