Re: [linux-audio-user] Interesting Tidbit: The Midas XL8 uses Linux

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 20:34:10 EEST

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 01:29 -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
> That's the consensus among kernel people. Not lawyers. Take it to
> court first. It has zero chance in that venue.

Can you cite any precedents?

The kernel people I am referring to have talked to their lawyers about
it and the consensus is that a driver is a derived work of the OS that
it is developed for.

Look at some driver source some day - it's basically impossible to write
a driver without using any kernel APIs - driver model, spinlocks, etc.

Lee