Re: [linux-audio-user] music notation

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 19:16:57 EEST

Hallo,
glauber alex dias prado hat gesagt: // glauber alex dias prado wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 13:27 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > glauber alex dias prado hat gesagt: // glauber alex dias prado wrote:
> >
> what does this mean ^^^ ? i hope is something good

"hat gesagt" is just german for "wrote" or rather for "said". ;) I
often reply to german mails and I'm too lazy to change this line
everytime.

> thanks for a another piece of software i tried it and looks interesting
> can i use a kind of automated process to generate audio from a
> pre-processed video or i should do it manually in fact i didnt get the
> hangs of it so far but i am looking at it manual right now so maybe i
> can answer this alone, thanks for the info.

Pd is a realtime system (currently). It can record its own output to a
soundfile as well, but it always records in realtime.

It's hard to say if it is of use for your current needs, because I
don't really understood what exactly you want to achieve. If you just
want to write a midi file, then a midi editor like Muse or Rosegarden
is the better tool. With Pd/Gem or PDP you could realize more
"strange" ideas, like analyzing a video file on the fly and make
sounds from it, or use it as a sound engine for your Blender movies.
You could get some ideas for sounds in Pd here:
http://obiwannabe.co.uk/padawan12/onlinetutorials/html/tutorials_main.html

Ciao