Re: [linux-audio-user] "OK, I Lied" a little joke song recorded with Rosegarden 1.2.3+DSSI+Zyn+hydrogen (to Pete Bessman)

From: Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 05:23:26 EEST

El Domingo, 11 de Junio de 2006 14:27, tim hall escribió:
> On Friday 09 June 2006 10:58, Thorsten Wilms was like:
> > On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 05:18:23AM +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> > > ftp://ftp.musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/audio/Ok-i-lied-to-Pete-Bessma
> > >n- from-Musix049.ogg Author: Marcos Guglielmetti
>
> Woo, I like this lots. Pete didn't turn up at any point in the recording
> process mysteriously claiming to be ready to do his part? no?

No, I am very sorry, I waited him but he was too late for the recording
session :D, so my english is and was too bad :D

> > This has a nice mood. But sadly I can understand only fractions of the
> > singing, because most of the time it can't compete within the mix. Maybe
> > you could increase the volume, thin out the mix, apply more compression
> > or do it over with a bit less dramatic expression but clearer
> > articulation.
>
> I don't think remixing the vocals is going to help. No I can't understand a
> word of it, but such considerations have never impaired my appreciation of
> bands like Can or the Cocteau Twins. Maybe Marcos could simply publish the
> lyrics, then we could all share in the joke?

I should make public all those things, I will next time... but the singer is
almost sleeping, like a depressive man, so the voice has to be something
special, low volume

> > The drums seem to be too laid-back, dragging behind the beat a bit.
> > The snare sounds cutted off in a way that I think doesn't work for this
> > track.
>
> I like the feel, personally. Although I would probably have nudged the
> whole drum track forward a tad.
>
> Nice work Marcos!

Well, thanks a lot, now I am happy, I should use specimen the next time: the
last version works fantastic!

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre