Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Intel HDA and Jack

From: I. E. Smith-Heisters <public@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 23:17:05 EEST

I've futzed around a bit more. I'd done this before, but I'd forgotten
the exact results except that it didn't work. Tried all this both with
and without RT and 16bit mode forced:

upping frames/period to 4096 reduces the number of xruns to several/second.
upping periods/buffer to 3 still gives xruns, as well as "usecs
exceeds estimated spare time" messages.
upping periods/buffer to 4 makes initialization fail with "ALSA: got
smaller periods 2 than 4 for playback"
putting it into non-duplex (ie. playback only) has no effect on behavior.

So, yeah, that's why it's mysterious. In the past I sacrifice latency
for no xruns, and everything's dandy. Not so, this time...

Thanks for the suggestions.