Re: [linux-audio-user] Progressive Quantisation (long)

From: Jordan Nash <jordan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 04:40:50 EEST

My theory as a hobbyist musician, music listener, and computer nerd is
that it is the human imperfection that adds life to music. It's the
imperfection and feeling that sets apart the great soloists from the
ones who copy them note-for-note.

One of the cool things about Rosegarden (which I, unfortunately, haven't
played with much due to my lack of MIDI interface and lack of funds) is
that it keeps performance information separate from notation, rather
than necessarily playing the notes directly as written.

-Jordan