Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Intel HDA and Jack

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Jun 17 2006 - 22:19:26 EEST

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 15:05 -0400, I. E. Smith-Heisters wrote:
> Unfortunately, changing to the OSS "nv" driver doesn't have any
> observable effect on Jack's behavior.... I'll try futzing around with
> that possibility some more though... maybe VESA drivers? ick.

It's probably a sound driver bug. This HDA intel crap is really getting
to be a nightmare. It seems like sound is broken on every other new
laptop.

Can you try the -rt kernel and enable latency tracing?

Does it make any difference if you boot with ACPI disabled?

Check /proc/interrupts for your soundcard - when you launch JACK in
realtime mode does the interrupt count increase?

Lee