Re: [linux-audio-user] loopback with hda-intel

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 19:34:30 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 6/19/06, yvan chenard <mte_multi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Hi, maybe someone can help me,
>>
>> I find no ways to route (loop_back) the Line-in(where I have my tv-tuner
>> pluged in) to
>> the headphone jack, maybe someone know how to do it or know any links on
>> documentation on how to do it.
>>
>> The sound card is onboard Intel D945GTP
>> the chipset is STAC9220 (from sigmatel) (HDA_intel compatible)
>> I am runing ALSA 1.0.11 not in the kernel(as module).
>> kernel 2.6.16.5.
>>
>> The only way to get sound from LineIn to HeadPhone right now is
>> "cat /dev/dsp > /dev/audio", but the quality is realy bad( with this
>> command I know that the configuration of the input and output is OK).
>>
>> Thank You for your time.
>>
>> Yvan
>
> Sort of overkill for the application but possibly run Jack and then
> use QJackCtl to do your required connections?
>
> Good luck,
> Mark

The problem shouldn't be happening. The driver for the intel8x0 should
automagically route the signal from line to master out. If you run
alsamixer there might be a capture switch toggle to set or it could be a
driver bug.

What programs/mixers other than "cat" have you tried?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com