Re: [linux-audio-user] which graphics card?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 19:05:21 EEST

On Sat June 24 2006 07:53, tim hall wrote:
> should not be ignored. I will point out that I'm still using a
> Voodoo3, the driver for which I fully expect to disappear into
> obsolescence anytime soon unfortunately. Then I will have to
> do some soul-searching.

We had to run out and get a cheap nvidia card for my partner's
workstation (go ahead, try to find a card in a brick and mortar
shop that's neither ATI or Nvidia, and that 6 year old Matrox
card your local boardbender hasn't been able to sell all this
time doesn't count) after I installed Mandriva 2006 and
discovered that it would no longer do 3D acceleration on his
voodoo3, so that day may already be here depending on your
distro.

Rob