[linux-audio-user] Re: which graphics card?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 21:11:31 EEST

Hi,

2006/6/24, Rob <lau@kudla.org>:
> I'm not the guy who
> buys the "No, I will not fix your computer" T-shirt from
> Thinkgeek.

I haven't bought that t-shirt either...

> My solution used to be to hand them a copy of Knoppix and say to
> use that as a backup, but my social circle and family includes
> many AOL users and gamers, not to mention the shift towards
> laptops with wifi chipsets that can't be set up without an hour
> and a half of nerd intervention. That, and the tendency of
> people to go, "You fixed my computer once, now come back and fix
> it again" increases by an order of magnitude when I give them
> Linux. Sometimes you just gotta know what your limits are.

Funny thing is that even my girlfriend realised the advantage of me
not giving support for "friend": More time with her ;-)

Thats why I tell them that I am a software-DEVELOPER and otherwise
hardware and software just has to work for me (which is the reason I
no longer use windows if there isn't a real good reason like UT or
Corel Draw [*]).

BTW: I am one of those nvidia-binary-users. :-) And it works, even
with low-latency-audio and semitransparent windows. Seeing ardours
meters behind the tracks _is_ nice!

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold

[*] Yes, I know. Ut can be run on linux too and inkscape is a good
replacement for Corel, but the files are in Corel and currently I only
have to do minor modifications on them. Not enough to switch them over
to svg...

PPS: Wir werden Weltmeister!

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/