[linux-audio-user] Re: which graphics card?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 23:12:32 EEST

2006/6/24, Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@gmail.com>:
> > BTW: I am one of those nvidia-binary-users. :-) And it works, even
> > with low-latency-audio and semitransparent windows. Seeing ardours
> > meters behind the tracks _is_ nice!
> Hmm I never had a reason to bother with transparency until I read that...
> Now I am insanely curious. Mind emailing me a link to a screenshot so I
> can decide if I want to bother?

Well, I didn't have much time for making music lately. Maybe I have
one on monday. Stay tuned...

Furthermore even if transparency is done on the graphics board, it
still takes up more cpu-cycles. So my fine sessions with ~10
TAP-plugins and Jamin and hydrogen + transparency take up way to much
cpu-power (over 50% that is).

But even without transparency the speedup of graphics using the full
potential of the card (instead of the main processor) is nice... I
even went back to "Redraw windows while moving" instead of "Only show
window-borders while moving". :-)

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/