Re: [linux-audio-user] AMD64 question: update

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 18:43:31 EEST

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 08:07:45PM -0500, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> We all have anecdotes about good and bad disks we have known.
> My impression is that all the manufacturers have trouble with various
> new technology at various times. I've heard good and bad stories
> about them all from time to time through the years.

Yep.
I've had cheapo drives work without problem until I upgraded and
threw them out. I've had a carefully researched drive purchase
completely die without warning after 2 years of light use.

Since then, I try to assume that any drive by any manufacturer
can die at any time. MAKE BACKUPS.

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com