Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta5 released

From: Michael Pacey <michael@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 13:49:29 EEST

tim hall said:
> On Saturday 08 July 2006 19:32, Lee Revell was like:
>> gaps,

Gapless playback simply amounts to playing your audio files in immediate
succession rather than having any pause while the player loads the next
file. If there are silences at the end of your files, representing
silences on your vinyl or CD between tracks, then they will be played as
silence. The onus is on whoever does the ripping to include the silence or
not. By the way, there are plenty of vinyl releases which do not have
gaps, for instance lots of Pink Floyd and other prog rock.

--
Michael Pacey