Re: [linux-audio-user] running freebob enabled jackd with M-Audio FireWire Solo

From: Devin Venable <dvenable6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 20:37:25 EEST

> > sudo jackd -v -R -P70 -dfreebob -r48000 -p512 -n2
>
> Why are you running with sudo? Dapper allows non-root users to run
> realtime tasks.
>
> Lee

When I run jack without sudo, I get this:

 jackd -R -d freebob -p128
jackd 0.102.20
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: Permission
denied
Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?
Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[68] initialize: Could not initialize
Ieee1349Service object
Fatal (freebob.cpp)[69] freebob_new_handle: Could not initialize device
manager
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
Segmentation fault

I guess I have a permissions problem of some sort. When I was running a
packaged jack, I was able to run as non-root. Can you advise?

Devin