Re: [linux-audio-user] AMD64 question: update

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 01:04:36 EEST

> For most things, including Ardour up to so many tracks, they
> work fine.

Yep completely correct, it is just when I am doing work I tend to go
over that track count on my internal so I switch to external and go with
b at that point to make sure I have room.

My internal at the moment also has my OS on it though so most of the
time you will get better performance out of a dedicated internal drive,
for the record;)

>If you buy the right 1394b drive case it will support 1394a
interfaces also so you can use it with the built in connector for now
and go to 1394b later if desired.

I have found the LaCie Triple Interface good drives for this purpose
myself, then again I also know people that hate them as well, so YMWV.

       Seablade