[linux-audio-user] ld.so.conf

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 16:02:59 EEST

hi to the list,
my neighbor gave me yesterday a suggestion that i should have a look on
the file /etc/ld.so.conf!

joe /etc/ld.so.conf:

/usr/X11R6/lib
# Begin qt addition to /etc/ld.so.conf

/opt/qt/lib

# End qt addition
# Begin qt addition to /etc/ld.so.conf

/opt/qt/lib

# End qt addition
# Begin qt addition to /etc/ld.so.conf

/opt/qt/lib

# End qt addition
# Begin qt addition to /etc/ld.so.conf

/opt/qt/lib

# End qt addition
# Begin qt addition to /etc/ld.so.conf

/usr/share/qt4

# End qt addition

on my system the dir /opt is empty, the qtlibs are in /usr/share/qt4/lib
and /usr/share/qt3/lib.
...qt4/lib is containing lot of files, but /qt3/lib contains only a few:

nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:/usr/share/qt3/lib$ ls
libqt-mt.prl libqt-mt.so libqt-mt.so.3 libqt-mt.so.3.3 libqt.so.3
libqt.so.3.3 libqui.prl libqui.so libqui.so.1 libqui.so.1.0

though in the .bash_profile there is a entry:

export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

all these ld.config stuff cant be o.k. like this.
was already running ldconfig, but no changes.
i would like the keep the qt3 path, cause making this entry in the
bash_profile made my machine able to compile much better.

so i suppose that i should change all the /opt/qt/lib entries into
/usr/share/qt3/lib?

perhaps anyone else here knows more about and can give me some support?

cheers,
doc