[linux-audio-user] freebob mixer?

From: Devin Venable <dvenable6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 07:34:03 EEST

> >registered port freebob_pcm:dev1c_SpdifIn L, offset = 2048
> >registered port freebob_pcm:dev1c_SpdifIn R, offset = 4096
> >
> >Is there a configuration file somewhere that is picking up
> >alsa_pcm:placyback_1? Or is that just a default name that is expected
> >to exist. It does not when I run jackd using the freebob driver.
> >

> You should disable the 'connect to default output pair' option in the
> hydrogen settings dialog. In any case, this is not a fatal error. You
> can still connect the outputs manually with qjackctl or the likes.
>
> Pieter

Thanks, that worked. I can connect Hydrogen's out_L and out_R to freebob's dev1p_lineOut L and R now,
and can run jack. It looks like everything is running but I don't hear any sound coming out of
the M-Audio FireWire Solo.

In my M-Audio manual, I see a software mixer that allows you to bring levels up and down and mute.
I wonder if my soundcared output is just muted? freebob doesn't use alsa, so I can't use alsamixer.
What is my alternative?