Re: [linux-audio-user] how to compile timidity

From: Yves Potin <yves_p@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 15:40:52 EEST

Le 21 Jul à 14:19, Dragan Noveski ecrivait:

> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~$ jacklaunch timidity -ig
> /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory
> timidity: Can't read any configuration file.
> Please check /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg
[...]
> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:/usr/share$ whereis timidity
> timidity: /etc/timidity /usr/local/bin/timidity

        You should use locate instead of whereis (with updatedb just
before), then find a example config file somewhere. With a Debian package,
it should be in /usr/share/doc/timidity. I you have compiled it from
source, the example config file must be somewhere in the directory where
you compiled the software, if for some reason it was not installed in your
system during the main installation. You can also just download the Debian
package with apt-get install -d, then uncompress the package with ar x
<package.deb> or something (file-roller...) and grab the file.
        You can also use Google to find a timidity's config file :)
        Then place this file where timidity asks for it.
        HTH,

Y.