Re: [linux-audio-user] swami problems

From: Yves Potin <yves_p@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 23:58:36 EEST

Le 24 Jul à 21:42, mlist ecrivait:

> At the moment I have two problems:
>
> - How can I increase the size of the used fonts?

        Hi.
        As far as I understand Swami and soundfonts, you can't. Swami lets
you edit the way samples are transformed in a soft synth, not what they
are. If your sample weights 3k, you can't improve (nor reduce) its
quality.

> I can't neither find any hint in the *cfg-Files nor while searching with
> google.
> The fonts are so small that I hardliy can use the program.

        Maybe start searching for fluid soundfont on hammersound.net or
something ?
-rw-r--r-- 1 yves users 142M avr 5 21:49 FluidR3_GM.SF2

> - Fluidsynth doesn't react on events from swami.
>
> When I connect vkeybd to fluidsynth - all is ok.

        Do you see the green light lit in swami ? If not, I suspect the
bug, or the Debian packager's choice, not to activate fluidsynth support
when building swami. The only solution I have found was to grab the source
and compile it myself, installing tons of normally, in Debian, useless
developpement librairies. It was a couple of months ago and I dont have a
Debian audio system anymore to check if this problem remains in the
package available in testing. This was one strong reason for me to
move to gentoo...
        HTH,

Y.