Re: [linux-audio-user] swami problems

From: mlist <mlist@email-addr-hidden-vision.de>
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 01:50:41 EEST

Hello Yves,

screen fonts: ==> Solved
> Sorry :). It's a FAQ about Debian / GTK 1, and as Ismael said it
> should be corrected if you install the three transcoded fonts packages
> (base, 75 dpi and 100 dpi).

I've installed the packages
- xfonts-100dpi
- xfonts-100dpi-transcoded
- xfonts-75dpi
- xfonts-75dpi-transcoded
- xfonts-base
- xfonts-encodings
- xfonts-konsole
- xfonts-scalable

In Debian-testing there is no package xfonts-base-transcoded. Only the normal
xfonts-base-package exists.

> If it doesn't work, it's a bit a hassle but
> you can put something like that :
>
> style "user-font"
> {
> fontset="-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "user-font"
> in a ~/.gtkrc,
Does not exist for my normal user.
A first test with this entry in ~/.gtkrc doesn't change anything. When I
increase the font size to 20pt a remarkable change is to see. For my desktop
14pt is a valid size.

> or better in /etc/gtk/gtk.iso-8859-1
On my machine changed entries in /etc/gtk/gtkrc.iso-8859-15 show the same
result as ~./gtkrc.

sound: ==> work round

When I use the audio driver type auto or alsa without starting jackd I get
sound.
As long as I start jackd before swami nothing works.
Jackd stopps with errors, when I try to start it after swami. This is because
the audio device is captured by swami.

Could this result of a special setting in the swami-sources while compiling
for Debian?

Regards Helmut
(mlist@email-addr-hidden-vision.de)