[linux-audio-user] symbol link to libjack

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 12:42:27 EEST

hi to the list,

i recompiled all jack-dependent stuff on my machine, for being able to
use the jackd from svn.

since all the appis have been compiled while jackd was installed as a
debian package, after replacing jackd with the svn version, the appis
complains not to be able to start, because they dont find
"libjack-100.so.0 shared objeckt.
so i made a symlink from /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0 to
/usr/lib/libjack-100.so.0.
now everything works fine and i was able to compile rezound and finally
to apply the lashd patch to zynadd and rebuild.

my question might sound funny for some of you, but:

is it a kind of security risk or a performance loss, if now sound appis
needing /usr/lib/libjack100.so.0 for their work, get the symlink to
/usr/local...?

hope that someone will know more about this issue,

cheers,
doc