Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Ringheims Auto - "Kanskje No"

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 13:24:03 EEST

On Tue, 01 Aug, 2006 at 12:16PM +0200, Johannes Mario Ringheim spake thus:
> james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> >On Mon, 31 Jul, 2006 at 09:58PM +0200, Johannes Mario Ringheim spake thus:
> >>New tune made with GNU/Linux ready for download:
> >>http://ringheimsauto.friwebteknologi.org/index_en.html#kanskjeno
> >>
> >>I used lots of stuff on this one, AMS, Seq24, Ardour, Hydrogen and lots
> >>of LADSPA plugins.
> >>
> >>Comments are welcome...
> >
> >Wow! I love this, I really do.
>
> Thanks!
>
> >The "woo" vocal - is that actually a voice?
>
> Indeed. She used to live across the hall, so I was lucky to get her to
> record a couple of tracks. It was all improvised, and I picked out the
> pieces I needed afterwards. But for the most it's sung the way you hear
> it, no autotune and no nasty tricks...
>
> >How did you achieve the scratches? Were they put into the samples?
> >Added to the individual tracks before final mix?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "put into the samples". I recorded them with
> Ardour, as with any track. One of the longer jazz-samples is ended with
> an echo scratch (2:38).

I mean: did you record a dry track and then scratch it, make a few
special scratched samples to play back when you needed them, recorded
from a real turntable (!), or what?

Or is the Jazz sample a long found sample? But, the beat! That
scratched too, didn't it?