Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Ringheims Auto - "Kanskje No"

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 02:19:28 EEST

On Tue, 01 Aug, 2006 at 05:57PM +0200, Johannes Mario Ringheim spake thus:
> james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> >>Sounds like the LADSPA vinyl scratch plugin.
> >
> >Ahh, I see the confusion. I meant the turntable scratching, not the
> >noise-type scratches. :)
>
> Hmmm....just to clarify:
> On the rough AMS synth there's a little bit of TAP Reverse Delay. That
> might explain the "scratches" referred to.
>
> The other scratching is in fact done on a real turntable, I've been
> DJ'ing for a couple of years, so that's where I learned it from.
>
> I've exported the scratch-tracks so you can hear what I'm doing:
> http://bogus.uib.no/~jri022/ting/kanskjeno_scratch01.ogg
> (From Paul Horn - "Special Edition")
> http://bogus.uib.no/~jri022/ting/kanskjeno_scratch02.ogg
> (From scratch record by Roc Raida)

The bit I was thinking of was this:
http://dis-dot-dat.net/kanskjeno_clip.ogg

Although listening again, I think it's just that the beat is timed
really nicely with the scratches, not actually scratched.

Lovely turntabling, on the other bits, BTW. I don't have the spare
cash for anything non-virtual, so I feel a bit jelous of people who
have any physical input to things. I suppose I have my guitar, but
I'm a terrible guitarist... :)