Re: [linux-audio-user] Why doesn't udev start my Midisport at boot time?

From: Jouni Rinne <jouni.rinne@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 12:19:17 EEST

Peter Clarke kirjoitti:
> All,
> I'm using a Midisport 2x2 with my Gentoo Linux x86 box.
> After booting (2.6.16 kernel, with or without realtime
> patch) my Midisport isn't recognized. However, after
> disconnecting and reconnecting it, it works fine - the
> firmware gets loaded, and I can start Jack and pass MIDI
> data through it. (I already got hold of the firmware file,
> set up the udev rule and all that jazz.)

Which version of udev do you have? If you are using Gentoo stable and have
udev-087-r1 or older, you either need coldplug installed, or have to load the
module(s) manually at boot ( see /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 )

--
| me@email-addr-hidden ~$whoami            ^ ^  | "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" |
| Jouni 'Mad Max' Rinne      ('x') | - Sledge Hammer                    |