Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime problems

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 14:12:56 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I think, nobody is using jackstart anymore. Did you try "jackd"

No, but that + the PAM below seems to work..

> Are you running a Rlimits-aware PAM as described here:
> http://ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Breezy:Rlimits-Aware_PAM

Now I am, thanks. Now

Now jackd doesn't complain about capabilities. However even starting it
with very conservative settings (jackd -R -d alsa) I get stuff like this
when openning programs (tried hydrogen and rosegarden):

delay of 20915.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of 20815.000;
restart ...

The messageges are not generated once the programs are started, and when
they appear the programs seems (and sounds) fine. Should I simply ignore
these messages?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte