Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime problems

From: bubar <bubar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 16:50:11 EEST

Le lundi 7 août 2006 14:36, Michael Pacey a écrit :
> bubar said:
> > with a 250hz, launch rosegarden from term-emulator, and see RG complains
> > about
> > clock. there is another option in kernel config to ""bypass"" , to
> > ""help""
> > with a 250hz clock, but RG complains ever.)
>
> I had this error with Rosegarden and rebuilt my kernel with HZ=1000.
> Rosegarden still complains. What could I be doing wrong?
are you sure you are in audio group ?
and second, forget to turn off the hpet kernel option ?
finally, on which kernel ? (in 2.6.17, the Mr Gleixnar & Mr Molnar clock time
patch make clock near one nanosecond, and add the tickless stuff, too.)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=115064343409061&w=3
(note in RT patch from Molnar, there is another clock stuff i thing. So we
dont need this one)
> uname -a indicates I am running the newly built kernel, and I've checked
> my .config to prove I saved the setting. Maybe there is a way to query the
> running kernel for the value of HZ?
cat /proc/asound/timers ?

here is : cat /proc/sys/kernel/osrelease
2.6.17-rt8
(gcc 4.1.1, xorg 7.1, nvidia blob, RT configs, all ok)

note : i am new on the list, but i love archives :)