Re: [linux-audio-user] unsteady seq24

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 16:20:03 EEST

Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:

> seq24's midi thread runs at a too low prio even in realtime mode.
>
> change line 1007 of perform.cc to:
>
> schp->sched_priority = 80;
>

> and line 1565, too

Haven't tried out your fine suggestions yet, but this sounds like
something that should be changed in seq24 in the first place. I mean if
everyone should patch this from source to get reliable midi performance
(which is pretty much what seq24 is all about), I would consider this a
bug in seq24. Or am I missing something?

I'll see how it works with your other suggestions first, since I'd like
to run as much software as possible unpatched from the debian mirrors...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte