Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: Sebastian Gutsfeld <segoh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 13:54:02 EEST

Hi Chris,

Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:08:57PM +0200, Sebastian Gutsfeld wrote:
>> BTW: I really enjoyed reading this Wired article about 8-bit punk:
>> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.11/mclaren.html
>> Caused me to take out my old Gameboy and C64. What a pity I can't use
>> my Transferer for the Gameboy flash cards with linux.
>
> [plug]
> You might be interested in some open source software I wrote for Gameboy
> Advance; http://looper.mccormick.cx/ and some other software for
> Commodore64 ;) http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/aSid/
> [/plug]

I already got an old aSid version without ringmod linked from
www.sciencegirlrecords.com. It's a great (and simple) example how to
control the SID with C and led me to cc65. Maybe I find some time to
experiment with cc65 so aSid uses cc65's SID structure instead of
hardcoded memory addresses. The only thing I still need for my C64 is a
pair of paddle controllers.

Your looper looks really interesting but sadly I've got no Gameboy
Advance but 2 grey classic Gameboys.

Anyway thanks a lot for sharing your code!

regards,
   Sebastian