Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 12:15:35 EEST

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey schrieb:
>
>> However demanding the artists of the world all play fair and respect
>> each other is a pipe dream.
>>

> So if the there is probability, that single persons act uncivilized,
> the whole civilisation is a naive dream?

This makes no sense to me. Please explain.

>> Demanding that people stop remixing music with unlicensed samples is
>> following a path that leads to everyone doing exactly what they are
>> told. I'm sure the powers that be would love this to happen.
>>
>> Expecting every artist to get permission before they create their art is
>> just plain idiocy.
>

> Again: there are more methods that those,
> that incorporate published recordings of others, to make music.

And your point is ....?

> If you want to play in a death metal band, you need to take the time and
> effort
> to learn how to play the guitar real fast and bouncing the head up and
> down the same time.
> If you want to build tracks from other authors recordings and publish
> them, you should
> be able to show some respect towards those, that made the noise in the
> first place
> (e.g.: list their names at least).
>
> Too big an effort?

It's a complete PITA and generally completely unnecessary step. It's an
ideal that is not required in the real world unless you intend to sell
or otherwise profit from the product in amounts that would catch the
attention of the license holder.

> Fetch MSWindows, get MAGIX Music Maker and klick your hit!
> This is the ideal method for people, that do not care about the origin
> of music.

What a load of !!!

You can use any software designed for music manipulation.

Are you suggesting that only artists who care about getting express
permission to incorporate other peoples licensed work are allowed to use
open source software?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com