Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 21:30:29 EEST

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 14:21 -0400, Rob wrote:
> On Wed August 16 2006 14:07, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > Be accurate. By that logic it's okay to take pictures of
> > > material on a construction site if he's using them to create
> > > art.
> > Copyright law says otherwise.
>
> You were discussing logic, not law. Huge difference.

Well, I happen to think the law is correct and logical in this case. My
creations are my property, and I should have the same right to make a
living by selling them as a sculptor or a baker or a carpenter does.
Copying my creations without my permission denies me the right to make a
living by selling my creations, in exactly the same way that theft
deprives a maker of physical objects of that right.

Lee