Re: [linux-audio-user] Audicle Source Released (was: all your face...)

From: Ge Wang <gewang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 06:13:37 EEST

Hi Dmitry!

> To build it I had to comment line 83 in chuck.y:

Ah, thanks for the info!

> Finally, great news!
> Runs fine, though I haven't done anything with it yet :)

Cool. The thing is still very experimental - the visualization provide a
lot of potentially useful information, like the real-time FFT waterfall
during synthesis, and the timing statistics. Overall, it's better used
to visualize/perform rather than to write programs with - the command
line chuck with your editor or the miniAudicle is probably much smoother
for that. If you want, check the docs and let us know if they actually
make sense.

     http://audicle.cs.princeton.edu/doc/
     http://audicle.cs.princeton.edu/doc/faces/

Finally, there was a thread from months ago talking about beta-testing the
thing on linux, I wonder if people are still interested.

Well, thanks again and keep on chuckin'

Ge!