Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Audiophile USB with ASLA problems

From: Martin Rocamora <mrocamora@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 18:56:24 EEST

Hi! I also followed the instructions in:

I could play using aplay, but not to record. I also tried using jack,
and could play and record but with noise.
To avoid noise, acording to the document above, I should load the
snd-usb-audio module selecting a device_setup option. However the option
is not recongized. I tried it in AGNULA 1.3.0 and Mandriva 2005.

# modprobe snd-usb-audio index=1 device_setup=0x09
FATAL: Error inserting snd-usb-audio
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
# dmesg
snd-usb-audio: Unknown parameter `device_setup'

Has anyone had a good experience with this device?
Some comments in the list about it are a bit discouraging.