Re: [linux-audio-user] Just look at what you have done!

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 08:04:20 EEST

On Fri August 25 2006 01:10, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> And that is my point, the fact something like this CAN be
> trademarked, or would need to be is completely a sign
> something is wrong, and people have gotten to ridiculously
> uptight about things.

Yeah, the whole patent/trademark/copyright/"intellectual
property" thing has gotten way out of hand. The strategies
being adopted by various free software and open source related
entities are a response to that, dating back to the formation of
the FSF 20 years ago. They may be ridiculous, but assuming
these tactics are effective, they're absolutely necessary.

Even if some of the participants are still hobbyists, software is
totally a business now.

Rob