Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI connections in MusE?

From: yonatan <yonatan_avraham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 08:32:31 EEST

Hi Clemens,

Regarding your suggestion:

Clemens Ladisch-2 wrote:

> You could connect the track directly to the synthesizer, but this
> requires that the synth is already running.

This is exactly what I wanted to do, but I didn't think that MusE was seeing
my plugins in its MIDI setup. However, your suggestion made me have another
look, and I found them. It turns out that if I load my plugins with fst,
they appear in MusE with names like Input, Input_1, Input_2, etc. I was
also thrown off at first because if I select them within MusE, I get a
message "Rec: operation not permitted" (instead of the usual "OK").
However, they are useable (meaning I can assign them to tracks and use
them).

BTW, I noticed that if I load the plugins with jack-dssi-host using
dssi-vst.so (instead of using fst), the connections then appear in MusE
according to the name of the plugin (not Input_1, etc.), and also I don't
get the message ("Rec: operation not permitted).

Thanks,
Yonatan

Sent from the linux-audio-user forum at Nabble.com.