[linux-audio-user] Re: Novation Speedio

From: Stefano Barbi <stefanobarbi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 22:50:19 EEST

>Dear all,
>Just want to bring this issue back before the list again.
>Has anyone successfully used the Novation Speedio (a USB
>audio/MIDI interface) with Linux? The MIDI side of mine
>works fine, but the audio (both input and output) sounds
>weird, like it's underwater, and the music plays too slowly
>and at a low pitch. I'm running Gentoo, 2.6.13 kernel,
>ALSA 1.0.8, JACK 0.99.0-r1.

I got almost the same results with the Novation Speedio, except that
recording works fine for me.
I'm currently using a Gentoo 2.6.17-gentoo-r4 kernel and ALSA 1.0.12. I
tried other
kernel/alsa-driver combinations but I had the same problem.
I also would like to hear if anybody has had better experiences with
Speedio hardware.
Thank you in advance.

Stefano