Re: [linux-audio-user] Lashd won't start.

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 05:23:47 EEST

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 16:56 -0500, Brian Dunn wrote:
> Oh wise audio collective;
> Anyone seen this before? Happens when I try to start lashd.
>
> brian@email-addr-hidden ~ $ lashd
> No supported SIMD instruction sets detected
> Connected to JACK server with client name 'LASH_Server'
> Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 129
> conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not supported
> for ai_socktype
> loader_run: server closed socket; exiting
> Segmentation fault
>
> jackd 0.100.7
> lashd version 0.5.1
>

> Is jack kicking lash out? why, and what is a simd instruction set?

No, it's a bug in LASH. Someone else has reported the same problem on
IRC, but I can't reproduce it or find the cause, and it doesn't seem to
happen to most people.

If yours is the same problem, that is.. it would be helpful if you could
post a GDB backtrace of lashd?

Cheers,

-DR-

P.S. SIMD = SSE and friends.